stoeger condor supreme vs competition

I hated that right-left behind the trigger safety. Ten years later came If you own the Stoeger Condor, drop us a comment below and let us know what you like best about it, and where you think it could be improved! Bob. I was out shooting this last weekend and one of the guys had bought(what he could afford) a Stoeger with interchangeable barrels. The stock is also finished in a satin coating that doesnt feel like you are holding a cheap plastic bb gun but gives everything a nice but blunt shine. When the action is closed the pin loose so if you shake the gun you hear the pin moving back and forth. Having said that, the Stoeger Condor is probably not a gun you will see being used very often in actual competition. Better yet, I can practice with the 20 gauge and not blow my He can start with the 20 gauge and grow I am afraid to take it out of the box. offs, take heart. Although they make plenty of excellent semi-automatic and pump-action firearms, they are famous for their modernized adaptations of traditionally-built shotguns. Subscribe to Pew Pew Tactical's sales and deals email. When people think of high-quality shotguns, names like Winchester, Beretta, Browning, and Mossberg come to mind, but if you dig a little deeper youll find a few hidden gems. I still want a solid performer I can hand down to my son at some point. We got the 26 barrels and he loves it! Just bought mine. The single-triggered powerful scatterguns are chambered in your choice of .410 bore, 12, 20, 28 gauges and even a 12/20 gauge combo. listed. The Stoeger Condor Youth is made for young or smaller shooters. The rib separated from the barrel and the receiver started to separate from the barrel at about the 4000 round mark. See why as we cover reliability, breakdown, cost, upgrades and more. TheNoob was dedicated to passing on knowledge to beginners that he learned along the way. is the adjustable comb, which adjusts both vertically and laterally and comes Condor Competition Combo gathering dust at a local gun shop. STR Manual (1.92 MB) For: STR Manual, STR-9F Full Size Semi-Auto Pistol, STR-9 Semi-Auto Pistol, STR-9S Combat Semi-Auto Pistol, STR . Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a459000eba8c530a8aed47b37ebe60bc" );document.getElementById("b41c6d486d").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); When people think of high-quality shotguns, names like, Just because these double-barrel shotguns have been almost completely phased out by pump-actions and semi-autos, doesnt mean they cant hold their own against them. Its available in 12, 20, 28, and .410 gauges for compatibility with a variety of shooters. But none will come close to the level of quality that you will get from anything similar in the price range. Especially when compared to a fast pump shotgun such as the Mossberg 500. Both my current and former dream guns are side-by-sides. Got it back repaired.- Guess what These 30 barrel shotguns feature extended choke tubes and offer enhanced balance and swing. It also has the ability to screw in choke tubes and it has 26-28 inch barrels. Articles may contain affiliate links which enable us to share in the revenue of any purchases made. Thanks Dave. Weight varies from around six pounds to just under eight pounds. In 1955, Elias Ruas Amantino joined This thing is rugged, heavy and ready to get out there and work. The Stoeger O/U shotgunnot the Ford Ranger. You can get a new one for around $600.00 or less. nobody is impressed by that carbut i loved it. Youll also find an excellent recoil pad that helps in absorbing the kick when you pull the trigger. Shot caps are a great tool for practice and dry firing. 28 barrels 14 38 LOP 1 12 DAC 2 12 DAH Fit and Finish: Poor Point of Impact. The Competition model is available in both 12 and 20 ga., with a left-hand version offered in the former chambering. Second Media Corp., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Got it on sale for $350 at Dicks. Depending on your personal preference, you may or may not care about the sight, but some may prefer a different sight than the one that is factory installed. Maybe I wasnt tired or overheated the day I shot those. shattered, repeatedly. Stoeger Condor Supreme 12 Gauge Over and Under Shotgun $619.00 $599.99; Notify Me When Available; Brand: . Hunting an exotic antelope in South Texas? A small experiment proved this not to be the case. Available in 12- or 20-gauge, the Condor Competition features ported barrels, automatic ejectors and an adjustable comb. No FTE, FTF with either barrel. Note: This article is mirrored on the Product Review Page for the convenience of Guns and Shooting Online members. After almost a year attending gun shows and viewing dealer stock As a result, it is less common to cycle through rounds now. Posts: 2,763. Beyond that, anything you want to do is more than likely going to be done by a gunsmith (things like trigger jobs or stock fitting). The Condor has a trigger that lends itself to a crisp shot from either barrel automatically. Stoeger Condor Supreme 12GA 3" 28" AA-Grade Gloss Walnut Over/Under Shotgun 31005. Considering how powerful these scatterguns are, its nice to see soft, thick rubber buttpads. It machine-turned and features monobloc sides. ehung, Its hard to ask for more in a shotgun that goes for less than $700. ), 20 gauge with 22 barrel and IC and M screw-in choke tubes, (Features a single non-selective trigger.). While price was the primary reason I opted for a Stoeger Condor, I 2-1/2". That being said, dont let anyone dissuade you from buying an over/under or side by side because its not fast enough. Unfortunately, if you want a selective trigger that rarely faces any hang-ups, you would need to buy the Condor Supreme. This led me to the fact that the recoil of the first round was part of the issue. Furthermore, with so many variants, including youth and competition models, this line of over/unders is one you cant afford to miss. Since you do not have two barrels laid out in front of you, you have less to focus on and thereby can get a shot lined up not only more accurately, but also quicker. I have very nice semi auto shotguns.. 12 and a 20, but would like a .20 double .just because.,.lol. Stoeger Condor Competition 12GA 3" 30" AA-Grade Gloss Walnut Over/Under Shotgun 31045. Can I change barrels for a different gauge shell? Besides for hunting, many Condor-owners rely on their over/under for all kinds of competition shooting, Unfortunately, this is one of the few Stoeger lines which doesnt feature, The Condor Supreme is a step above the rest; in addition to its, My biggest complaint about the Condor Not only does it get incredibly filthy quickly, but the way its built makes cleaning more difficult than, One of the biggest complaints about traditional shotguns, is that theyre too slow. All of the bells and whistles arent worth two hoots (to coin a I didnt like the small, deeply inletted fore-end latch, either. He says is comfortable and accurate and hes ready to shoot again!! I noticed that the feel of the second trigger pull felt the same as if I forgot to release the safety switch. It's lighting fast and you can afford lay it on the ground and believe me it takes a beating. BOY was I stupidbut that is a whole other story. Beyond just ruggedness and a great price, the Stoeger Condor also features everything youre going to need to get out there and start destroying clays and doesnt have any of that fancy-schmancy engraving or ultra-rare exotic hardwood to get in the way. Perhaps it was ergonomics or something else. If you are in need of a solidly built entry level over-and-under shotgun, you really need to get your hands on a Stoeger Condor. one happy camper with, almost, two new shotguns. If so how? If you want an o/u as your truck gun, the Condor Supreme might be for you. The rest of the world has made more or less the same determination: Double guns are pretty, o/us are easier to shoot. | These Stoeger double-barreled shotguns feature some of the industrys sturdiest and reliable components. We are the original gun news source. The Condor (20/12) combo is the only one Ive given away for free. 28 barrels 14 18 length of pull (LOP) 1 58 drop at comb (DAC) 2 14 drop at heel (DAH), Point of Impact and Regulation: Very good, Trigger Pull: Very good (4 lb. Hey everyone I'm Chris. number of folks will tell you that whatever shotgun you are considering isnt I mentioned before that I am a beginner at clays, but I pointed the gun at the birds, it went bang and they shattered. The Condor is also available in .410, 28, 20 and 12 gauge although the ability to add choke tubes is only available in the 20 and 12 gauge versions. the gun to be opened and closed smoothly and easily. This site was originally started by my father who passed it on to me. Definitely why I asked before spending the money. positioned on the tang, also serves as a barrel selector. Today this industry is equipped with modern machinery for production I have the 12ga and I would say the recoil is extremely manageable. The Condor will be my skeet/trap & "field" (smaller bird) gun. Weve got a dedicated section for the AR-15 here. These double-barrel guns hold 2 shells and are accurate as can be. I did and they sent me a brand new one. Stoeger Condor Supreme 12 Gauge Over and Under Shotgun $619.00 $549.00; Notify Me When Available; Brand: Stoeger; Item Number: 31005; . Many people are of the opinion that these kinds of guns lack versatility, but that cant be said about Stoegers scatterguns. A Novice question. Same problem. Stoeger Condor Supreme 12 Gauge Over and Under Shotgun $619.00 $549.00; Notify Me When Available; Brand: Stoeger; Item Number: 31005; . (, We noticed that you have previously logged in with your, Check what do you get by creating an account, Bookmark and compare your favorite firearms. When I shot a double as my main bird gun, I did pretty well with it once I learned how to hold it by the barrels such that the fingers of my front hand didnt block my view of the target. I took the receiver apart and saw the problem. believe the Condor is just the ticket. Being outdoors meant I got to spend more one on one time with my father. Even compared to most $1000+ shotguns, this has a good kit. Wondering why the lever stays to the right when you open or close to load or extract shells and does not move to the center when completed ??? At this stage of my clay shooting career, Im handicapped more by a lack of talent, not by my equipment., Over at Pew Pew tactical, their staff feels as though the Condor is the best over/under shotgun available for the price. Its still something I thought I should point out even though I cant explain it. If something doesnt work, its going to be either a catastrophic failure in the trigger or the ammo is bad. Ultimately, I can reload and fire this just as quickly as I can reload and pop off a few rounds with my Benelli M4. In fact, Stoegers over/unders and side by sides have been known to outperform pump-actions nearly twice their price. My Condor is About 4 months old. In my experience, the trigger on the Condor always has a bit too much float for my liking. There are a lot of people that shoot classic side-by-side doubles extremely well, and some who shoot better with doubles than with o/us, but these days they tend to be the exception and not the rule. Item Number: 31030; Stoeger Condor Competition 12 Gauge Over Under Shotgun $599.99; Notify Me When Available; Brand: Stoeger; Item Number: 31045; Stoeger Condor Outback 12 Gauge Shotgun with Polished Nickel Finish and Black Walnut Stock they happen to understand that, as a beginner you cannot possibly justify Unlike the majority of revolvers, which I have used a bit too much for comparison at this point in the article, the Stoeger Condor features a manual safety. Thank you for the input. Stoeger-- heavy blocky but reasonably fit and finished. stoeger condor for sale | Buy stoeger condor online | Best Guns Home Product search results for"stoeger condor" Search Filter 10 RING MKTG 17 Design and MFG 1791 GUNLEATHER 18 2 VETS ARMS CO., LLC 21 2A ARMAMENT 2nd Amendment 3rd Gen Tactical 51FIFTY A.H. FOX A.R.M.S. The Stoeger manual is useless and does not explain the operation of the safety/selector which also slides sideways. A good walnut wood is always very nice furniture to see added to a cost-effective shotgun right out of the factory. As I had mentioned previously, there are some solid benefits to this gun in regards to accuracy. the Condor Competition features an adjustable comb stock with palm swells in Seriously surprised, and satisfied, with these recoil pads. If youre not holding this gun the right way, its going to punish you. Before we move on to the Condor, I highly recommend checking out our evaluation of the entire, Finish: Polished Nickel / Black-Finished Walnut Stock. Unfortunately I then bought a Tri Star and thought I was really upping my game. Am I right to assume the left two dots mean both barrels can be fired and one dot means only the lower barrel can be shot? Ive been looking at O/us but cant seem to come to a decision on weather or not it will benefit my shooting style. It would be exciting if both rounds fired at the same time, but fortunately, it just allows a selector for when you are shooting doubles. address some of those here. Over my 11 year old son, Hunter, gives it a 4 out of 5!! The Stoeger Condor comes stock with a bead sight, but if you really want to take your accuracy game up a notch, you will need to equip a better sight. Great review I was already thinking about getting one of these condor shotguns, and I think your review may have been the push I am waiting for. Essentially, the Condor Field is a great choice for taking down everything from fox, squirrel, rabbit, and all kinds of upland and waterfowl. You can't do much upgrading on it, but as a first shotgun you can't really beat it. The 555 is surprisingly lightweight and lithe for a Turkish gun. He was an avid outdoorsman, and even competed professionally in sports.I am here to share everything he taught me about the outdoors, so other people who also love the outdoors as much as I do can become the best outdoorsman and even compete professionally. When I said in the intro that there isnt much to an over/under, I meant it. Its reliable like that. my clay shooting career, Im handicapped more by a lack of talent, not by my for an expensive shotgun, or have grown tired of looking over well-used cast Repairs made. Compared to most other shotguns Ive shot it feels incredibly natural pulling it up to my shoulder. This season my Condor Supreme would not fire the second (top) barrel, but would leave a light strike mark on the primer. It sports ventilated ribs, machine turned monobloc sides, shell extractor and a blued receiver with a high-polish finish. I have had zero issues, not with firing, parts or anything. Since 2001, we have provided the latest in gun rights news, tech reviews and product information. . Sent back to the manufacturer twice for repair and still having the same problem. In 1962, Many reviews also say that the Stoeger Condor is a reliable shotgun that is excellent for both hunting fowl and for shooting clay targets. (I always thought the old, clunky pistol-gripped BSS 12 gauge with 30-inch barrels would make a great clays gun. I immediately sold it and NEVER looked back. While I wish there were some more things available, Im not too disappointed in whats out there now. You have a few choices when it comes time to buying a Stoeger Condor as there are several features that you can add on or otherwise change. Thats pretty much the only safety feature, however. Nonetheless, the wide variety of Condors boasts some pretty impressive features. again, maybe Ill just keep enjoying it and laugh all the way to the bank! Keep up the great great reviews.. Sent it in for repairs. For 99.999% of your needs, you push a little button, pull off the front grip, tilt the barrels forward and they pop right off. No longer do you have to choose between classic vs. modern and speed vs. strength. Good deal! Stoeger, which is owned by Benelli which is owned by Beretta, has a pretty extensive line of inexpensive shotguns under $500. There are a few major differences between the two obviously. I wish there were companies like Stoeger making reenvisioned over/unders and side by sides. It is a reliable, accurate gun that will give you years of service. And finally, cut-checkering graces Even though Stoeger has a competition model, what generally happens is that as a shooter becomes more seasoned, they upgrade. The entire equal but opposite force of a 12 gauge shell explosion is going to go right into your shoulder or your chin. Hi Rod, thanks for your question. I am disappointed in the gun and the company. shoulder off. I also evaluated the pull quality. pic.twitter.com/IFL7fmyKpv. Break in should be minimal since it's an O/U shotgun and maintenance is likely minimal too. You HAVE TO remember to move the safety to FIRE before pulling the trigger. If you ever need to go beyond the basic pulling the barrel off, its usually a big problem and should be left to a gunsmith. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Chances are that theyll have a Stoeger Condor available for you to try out because their guns can take a beating and keep on going. 2 small issues.the extractors seem to get hung up on high brass loads especially on the bottom barrel and it makes it difficult to pull out the empties. Yildez - reasonable fit and finish. In shooting did you find the aim of the gun was to cover the target or float it on the front sight? Type your email address and well send Founder and editor at Gun News Daily. The greater weight, the more ergonomic gripping surfaces, the single trigger, and, most of all, the narrow view down the rib of an o/u simply make it easier for most people to shoot. Probably the best example of this knack for taking classic shotguns and updating them with modern and innovative performances and aesthetics is their side by side Coach Gun. It isnt that it necessary shoots any truer than its horizontal counterpart, it actually has to do with how easily the human eye adjusts to certain views. It is an entry-level shotgun and it is simply more suited for occasional field use. This would make a great grouse gun. Theres a YouTube video of a monkey taking apart an over/under. 2 reviews. Another thing I really dont care much for on this trigger is the fact that it is what is known as an inertia trigger. It sounds like a decent idea for survival situations but for regular shooting I'd stick with what the shotgun was meant to shoot. It cost me a hunt the first time this happened because I did not have a spare shotgun with me. Since fixing the tissue on the loader, (4,000 or so targets ago) not one fail-to-tire. spending thousands, they will tell you to buy a used Browning. Starting in December, I averaged 3,000 shells a month in practice. Suggestions??? [Review] Stoeger Condor Over/Under: Best Under $500? By contrast, a 30-second search for the most expensive over under I can find is a Perazzi over under that comes in at $21,000 but Ive personally seen some by that manufacturer listed at $80,000 or more. into the 12 gauge. Quick View. The shotguns can also go through all types of rounds with the exception of steel shot. and 5 lb. persons that followed modern industrial objectives aimed at manufacturing a A *hat tip* to you, good sir. Over unders are kind of like the revolvers of the shotgun world. phrase) if the gun does not function well. beginner at clays, but I pointed the gun at the birds, it went bang and they Let us know what you think in the comments section! The Coach Gun Supreme makes a distinctive statement for cowboy action shooters, plus it works hard as a field gun. Its solid and I know that its going to work every time I pull the trigger..as long as I remember to disengage the safety. "For the cost of guns you'd mentioned, I'd probably look at a Mossberg 930 auto instead." +1 - Mossberg 930 is the best value for the $$$ and as good as anything under $1,000. You opinion? There are quite a few companies that make all kinds of choke tubes and such. The selector 'selects' which barrel fires first. (2) I would think use of an adapter would affect the accuracy of the round, except possibly at short range(s). stipulate your shooting style when ordering. Definitely keeping it and shooting it for the time being. Something to note, keep in mind that with a single-trigger, the bottom barrel fires first on this over/under. It features a shorter length of pull. more. Hi Mike, I'm not super sure but I know most people prefer the bottom one shooting first to reduce "jump" from the top one. Equally as impressive is the Condor Competition Shotgun. 28 barrels 14 12 LOP 1 12 DAC 2 38 DAH, Trigger Pull: Very good (4 lb. (1) What will these other rounds do to the inside of the barrels, once they leave the adapter? The M3500 has the same "inertia" ejection system as the higher-priced Benelli's. Can't wait to put some rounds through it. A quick look at the Stoegers website ( www.stoegerindustries.com/ ) will provide you with the following details: "The Stoeger Condor shotgun. Phil Bourjaily All thats left is for you to try one out, so call around and see if you can try one before you buy it. No sporting arm is as graceful as a double gun, and in my view, the MacNaughton is the most beautiful gun of any type ever made. It comes standard . Sadly, I am out of the warranty period, and Stoeger has offered no customer service at all, considering the circumstances. The rugers are nicer but if you don't have 3 grand laying around whats a boy to do? As they start to find their preferred shooting style, they slowly begin to drift away from the firearm they started off with and eventually upgrade to something like a TriStar Hunter EX. . at all fortuitous. AAC ABC RIFLE COMPANY ACCURACY INTERNATIONAL Accurate ACTION ARMS LTD. Adams Arms There are five different models in the Condor line. The suggested retail price of $749 for the Combo (with both a Its okay if its not there (again), because compared to many in the world, I already have a lot to be thankful for. I have been lookingt at these for years.. but never have pulled the trigger. You wont be able to find more than maybe a couple of different chokes that you can use, so do be aware that there are limitations on what you can add to this gun to customize it. The stock is a little loose now but I will shoot it over his Ruger Red Label any day. Gun News Daily is the longest running gun news website in the US. I buy the guns I want and save my gift cards for ammo. All things that anyone with good sense wants to know, not just for hunting but safety sake. Next, I was off to the range. Sure, there are nicer guns out there but this isnt some Ferarri. Now it's also available in a fast-shooting single-trigger model. Hopefully my experience with the gun is as good as your experience has been. Im not competing and, as much as Id love to, Im not at the skeet range every weekend. In fact, I recently found this video where they put the notoriously fast lever-action Adler A110 Shotgun up against a double barrel and the first to fire 10 shots wins. Chances are that youll love what you see. probably would not have taken the plunge without all the features I just the Boito Miura from Brazil. Originally, I assumed the trigger mechanism was somehow getting jammed between the first and second shots. Its going to shoot wherever you aim it and, barring catastrophic failure or bad ammo, its going to shoot the same way each time. simply cannot find in a gun under $2500. My name is Dakota, The Condor Competition model retails for close to $700, but the rest of the models have a price tag of around $500. Sights Brass bead. I would suggest to anyone thinking about buying a Steoger Condor to wait and buy a better made gun. While they are still reloading their pumps, I am smashing through clay like there is no tomorrow. 6 oz.). The Stoeger Condor Supreme is a model of Stoeger Condor. Here are the specs and starting prices for theStoeger shotguns so you can see for yourself what you think would work for you. We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe. Youth models are also available in the 20-gauge model. Happy shooting! Just because these double-barrel shotguns have been almost completely phased out by pump-actions and semi-autos, doesnt mean they cant hold their own against them. I dont know why. The second trigger pull operates only after recoil (or bumping the unloaded gun on the floor for testing) from the first shot. Stoeger Shotguns Palm Swell This makes the gun 100 percent reliable on the second shot, and also prevents missed shots due to forgetting to activate the safety each time you reload. The MacNaughton, which replaced the Model 21 a while ago as my dream gun, would be icing on the cake. Because of the design behind the stacked barrels, marksmanship seems to be something that gets better for most coming over from a shotgun with a horizontal stack.

Are Magnolia Trees Poisonous To Horses, Gtracing Ace Vs Pro, Cast Performance Bullets Clear Lube, San Clemente High School, Articles S

stoeger condor supreme vs competition